Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's Been a While

All right, I know, I've been slacking. I'm tired - of course, I've been tired for the past six years (ever since LooLoo was born), but some days (weeks...months...) are worse than others. (Warning: The rambling nature of this post is evidence of my exhaustion.)

In honor of Halloween yesterday I wore my version of a costume - black long-sleeved t-shirt with a silver cat ($2.50 at Old Navy, baby! LooLoo and BooBoo have the same one - cute, huh?), black skinny jeans, black kicks, sliver hoops, loads of black eyeliner and mascara and red lipstick. Honestly, it really wasn't that much different than a normal outfit - just the cat on the shirt and extra eyeliner. However, I am just not a costume kind of girl. I end up feeling silly, no matter what I have on. One of my inner circle, The Cheap Chick (cheapbutnoteasy.blogspot.com) is a costume kind of girl, so I am a good sport when we make our annual trek to the Renaissance Festival in costume, but it's not so much my thing. You'd almost expect that I would be a costume-lover, since I am into clothes and am naturally rather enthusiastic, but I'm not. My children, though, love costumes. LooLoo was a Snow Princess in a beautiful costume from Target with a furry off-white dress complete with hoop in the skirt and cape with hood, all trimmed in silver. BooBoo was Ariel in a dress the Schma (my mom) made for her. She had a deep blush princess dress with mesh skirt overlay, then Schma appliqued Ariel's boob shells and mermaid tail onto the dress. Add the purple crown and BooBoo was in heaven! In fact, she slept in her costume last night and refused to change her clothes this morning. Less laundry for me!

I've been horrid about the black uniform lately - I wonder if trying to wear less black is actually making me wear more. However, I am not wearing any black today. I am dressed quite casually and have no intention of changing before work (even though I'm training tonight and like to step it up a notch or two when I have to train) because, as previously mentioned, I am tired. (I am also bloated and crampy and I just plain don't want to wear anything else.) Back to the Saga of Black...I had lunch with my sister, Ding, on Friday. As I previously mentioned, Ding is a lover of black. In fact, she is almost superstitious about it and has to wear at least one black item at all times. I am not so inclined. About the only thing I have to wear at all times are undergarments. Boobs that fed two babies need hoisting and my girly parts like to be covered appropriately. I will never understand the whole commando thing!

Back to the topic at hand. My quest for wardrobe variety.

Monday - long black dress with obi-style sash and deep v-neck (it's kind of Stevie Nicks-esque, but in a good way), silver hoops, silver necklace, black textured tights and purple suede wedges with silver trim
Tuesday - black silk shell, lime green 3/4 sleeved cardigan, black and white tweed pencil skirt, gold cuff earrings, gold and green amethyst necklace, a boatload of gold and green bangles, black tights and black pointy-toed stilettos
Wednesday - (In case you don't want to go back to the beginning) black long-sleeved t-shirt with a silver cat, black skinny jeans, silver hoops and black kicks
Thursday - white thermal long-sleeved shirt, pink v-neck t-shirt, burgundy and pink hoodie, dark (Mossimo) jeans and pink kicks

1 comment:

The Cheap Chick said...

This is my favorite post so far... and NOT because you mentioned my blog (but thank you for that). It was witty and very well written.

Sorry I sound like a teacher, but good job! A plus for you!