Saturday, November 3, 2007

Knitting up a Storm

I am not alone in my love of knitting. However, I am currently fighting off a knitting frenzy. As my good friend The Cheap Chick (cheapbutnoteasy.blogspot.com) pointed out the other day, Christmas (my holiday of choice) is coming up quickly. I have many projects that must be completed before Christmas, so I am gearing up to become a knitting machine. As with many knitters (or crafters or sewers or readers or whatever) I have an enormous stash of yarn. I have great ideas (The Blonde One contends that they are more along the lines of delusions, but Whatever) and I purchase the yarn for projects, but then don't actually get started on them. You all know what I'm talking about. I procure yarn, as well - my mother-in-law gives me her cast-off, I've gotten some from Ebay and garage sales, things like that - which leads me to my current situation where I have a huge Rubbermaid bin full of yarn and minimal time to knit.

Regardless of your holiday gift-giving plans it's time to start ramping up. Best of luck and I'll keep you posted on my knitting mania. I'd also like to send a shout-out to encourage you all to support local and independent businesses. Long live the spirit of American capitalism!

1 comment:

The Cheap Chick said...

I, too, totally support the underdog small business. However, I do not knit. Ma tried to teach me, which resulted in an incident we DO NOT SPEAK OF.