Thursday, November 15, 2007

That Can't Be My Daughter!

This is a series of random thoughts, so read with caution. (Since this is my blog, it's all about me and I know you all care about my every synapse-firing, so I will subject you to my ramblings!)

I had BooBoo's first parent-teacher conference today. All is well at school, but (WARNING: this will come as a shock to anyone who knows BooBoo at all!) her teacher commented about how quiet BooBoo is three separate times on her evaluation. What?!? Trust me, "quiet" is not a word I would EVER use to describe BooBoo - I spend most of my day telling her to use her indoor voice and settle down. It's just so weird to see your child through someone else's eyes, especially in a non-familiar situation. Everything else her teacher said matched up with the BooBoo I know, but quiet just doesn't. Energizer Bunny? Yes. Flexible? Yes. Social? Yes. Quiet? No. Interesting, eh?

I have double ear infections and can't hear a thing except for the ringing in my ears and any other sounds in my head. I've hardly eaten for two days now because I can't stand the sound of my own chewing, not that it's impacted my waistline any. I kept having to have everyone repeat things at work tonight, so they finally started shouting out their yeses and nos at our meeting tonight. Sigh.

I have finished The Cheap Chick's Christmas presents. Yay me! I'm ready to start on my next project.

I wore my jeans tucked into my boots yesterday. I always feel a little costume-y when I do that, but I am trying to take more clothing risks and expand my horizons, so I did it anyway. I got lots of compliments, so I guess it worked, but it was challenging for me. Isn't it interesting how something so little can seem so big?

Sah-wa and I were talking about celebrity look-alikes at work tonight. I commented that as long as no one said my celeb-twin was Jabba the Hutt, I'd be fine. Sah-wa then asked who Jabba the Hutt was. Oh, these kids today...they think Jar-Jar Binks belongs in "Star Wars"! (Actually, Sah-wa has never seen any of the "Star Wars" movies at all, but that is neither here nor there. How can you not have seen "Star Wars" or "The Empire Strikes Back" or even "Return of the Jedi"?)

Random enough for you?

Wednesday - teal long-sleeved tee, oatmeal long cardigan, multi-colored floral embroidered brown leather belt over cardigan, mid-rinse straight-leg jeans, gold cuff earrings and tall brown flat boots with jeans tucked in
Thursday - lemon yellow ribbed tank, black v-neck empire 3/4 sleeve tunic, dark rinse straight-leg jeans, gold cuff earrings, green amethyst necklace, lime green and cold cashmere scarf and black kicks

1 comment:

The Cheap Chick said...

Boo-boo is like a PA system! HOW can anyone find her quiet?

I guess that's good, though. Right?