Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nary a Pattern in Sight

I am terrible about wearing patterns - I have maybe 20 in my wardrobe. It's all solids. The Blonde One has a wealth of plaid and stripes of all kinds. I did too at one time. Why am I now so wary of patterns? It's not like they're hard to wear. It's not like there aren't tasteful or pretty or classy patterns out there. Solids are just so much easier, I guess - you just have to worry about the colors working together. I certainly never got the hang of mixing patterns - that's just too much going on for me. I've seen some that look great, but most of it just looks like someone's closet puked all over them. Ugh.

The moral of the story: a little pattern is a good thing, a little more is better, but too much can be hazardous to your health. I need more.

Wednesday: khaki cords, teal long-sleeved tee, chocolate brown henley, turquoise drop bead earrings and metallic ballet flats

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, have mostly solids. But lately I've been re-thinking that. I always tend to spill food and drink on my shirt while eating lunch at my computer every day and have found that patterns do a better job of disguising what a water and paper towel can't manage to get out. Or maybe I just need a bib!
J.Crew has some purty metallic ballet flats, but they're kind of pricey. I've been looking for alternatives - I love that they're back in style. Remember the silver Esprit ballet flats from 8th grade? Yet another 8th grade reference, but fashion tends to recycle itself every 20 years or so... :)

Anonymous said...

Here's a link:
http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod88557271&catId=cat240222

I've been known to spend way more than I should on shoes, which are one of my favorite things to buy, but if I spent $165 on shoes, they'd have to be fantastically amazing. These flats are prety cool, but I can't justify the price tag...

The Material Girl said...

My metallic ballet flats are from Target (last year, I think). They are woven in multiple metallics and I love them! Clearance, shiny and Mom-appropriate - what's not to love?

The Cheap Chick said...

Courtney - check out cutesyshoes.com for cheaper options. They have flats - not just the super high heels I tend to where!