Friday, October 19, 2007

Mixing it Up

As many of us do, I tend to gravitate toward jeans more than anything else. My goal is to wear jeans to work only two days a week and mix it up the other two days. I also recognize that I will be taking more fashion risks than I normally do (I tend to be quite safe in my dressing), but that's part of the deal. For example, one day I wore a tank top, printed linen dress/tunic, black skinny jeans, heels and a black hoodie - it didn't work. I think the hoodie was just the wrong shape (not fitted enough) and I looked a little mack truck-like. I'm not at all a proponent of the whole dress-over-jeans-thing, but I gave it a shot. Frankly, I can't understand the appeal - opaque tights are so much better. Of course, when a "dress" doesn't cover one's booty, it becomes a shirt and the issue becomes moot.

I think my clothes may get lonely and shrink if I don't start wearing them more often (I'm not getting bigger, it's just that my clothes are mad at me and shrink out of spite). Actually, I am quite aware that, after two children and not taking care of myself very well for the past few years, I am larger than I prefer to be. However, I have lost three pounds already and am hoping this experiment will be a catalyst to continue in the scale downward position. Here's to tightening the belt!

1 comment:

The Cheap Chick said...

Extra credit score to you for using moot in your blog!

I prefer black tights, too, but I do love your skinny jeans. I recently bought a pair of the Dear brand at Steve and Barry's - cute and VERY dark rinse-y.