Thursday, October 25, 2007

Back in Black

I'm back in all-black today. It's just so safe. I couldn't go very long without wearing any black, much less head-to-toe. Now, it's not like I didn't have options. I could have worn charcoal pants or a red sweater or a turquoise button-down or a myriad of other options. But, no, I'm in black - a pretty awesome, but still all-black, outfit (if I do say so myself).

This has been going on for many years. In fact, I was wearing all black in my high school graduating class picture (the whole class, not just my senior picture), I was wearing all black (with a tiny floral print, but that hardly made a dent) when I graduated from college and I'm quite sure I did the same darn thing when I graduated from my Master's program. Am I really such a one-trick pony? It's really my sister that everyone associates with wearing black - she's a grown-up goth girl who hasn't lost her penchant for the macabre garb. So, maybe being back in black isn't such a bad thing - as long as I'm not known as "The Mom in Black" I'll be okay with it.

Thursday: black sweater with white collar and cuffs, burgundy skinny patent belt, black pants, silver & white pearl chainy necklace, silver hoops and leopard platform pumps

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want photos to go with each of these posts! ;)
Oh - also, the orchard photo you sent just appeared as a red blank square in my e-mail, so I couldn't see Loo Loo and Boo Boo...

The Material Girl said...

I'll get photos eventually - I'm just not quite there yet. I can't decide if I want photos of the outfits on me, or if I can get away with pictures of the clothes hanging up or on my bed. The marsupial pouch and ba-donk-a-donk are just too substantial to post for the entire worldwide web to see!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.