Sunday, October 21, 2007

How Much Is Too Much?

My six year-old, LooLoo, told me I wear too much black. I think when your six year-old gives you fashion advice, your situation is significant. Of course, today I am wearing all black; so I recognize that I may have a problem. However, many women run into this same rut. We justify well - Black is slimming! It goes with everything! It's easier to match your shoes! It doesn't show stains! (Your own rationalization goes here)! Let's get real - black is not slimming, it is the fit of your clothes that makes you look slim. Black goes with most things, but so do colors. I'm not even going to address the shoe thing. Stains can appear on black (especially bleach), so that point is useless as well. In short, there is no justification other than pure laziness. Black is the path of least resistance. It is my chosen path, I admit.

Let's make a pact - we love color! We will add color into our daily lives. (Except for yellow, since no one looks good in yellow - although you can get a pop of yellow from accessories without scaring the masses.) Say it with me, color is good.

Sunday: black tracksuit, black tank, black kicks (see above)

No comments: