Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Little Perspective...

Sometimes you just need a little perspective on life. I've been feeling a little overwhelmed (and, to be frank, sorry for myself) lately. You know, woe is me...I have to buy more Christmas presents, I have no time, I got a ticket for expired tabs (let's not go there), I have to wrap presents, I still haven't done Christmas cards, Our TV crapped out, blah, blah, blah. So, there are often people with signs at the exit I take to get to my house. The one yesterday was a woman with a sign that said (something to the effect of) Mom of three - everything helps. Whenever we see someone in this situation, BooBoo says, "Oh, that poor man/woman - he/she's hungry. Mom, give him/her some food." Well, snacks are something I am rarely without - cash I am rarely with, but kid food is pretty much a constant. So, I pushed down my window and offered her two packages of cookies and some fruit snacks and said something like, "There, one for each child." Her reply was, "Oh, wonderful. Now I've got stocking stuffers." I could have cried. Here I was feeling sorry for myself because I had to go out and get just the right movies (at $20 a pop) for my girls' stockings and there's this woman standing out on the corner, relieved to get some treats for her kids' stockings. I think nothing of these treats - we've got them all over the house. I said a silent prayer of thanks and drove my sweet daughter home.

Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. God bless you and those you love. Pray that I remember to renew my tabs on time next year. Peace.

Back to my (important to me, but not important in the entire scheme of the universe - perspective, you know) wardrobe. Oh, first my Christmas presents part II: workout bag, towel, socks, shoelaces, water bottle, $100 gift certificate toward new athletic shoes, mixed nuts & wild rice (my employer); lime-y green super-soft bathrobe (J to the H); plaid pajama pants and coordinating slippers (J to the B). I am blessed with the best friends, family and co-workers.

Wednesday: white tee, pink fleece hoodie, medium rinse jeans (S & B), fUggs
Thursday: (work Holiday Party) black 3/4-sleeve scoopneck sweater, lavender pleated silk skirt, black pearl & diamond necklace, gold hoops, black tights, black patent peep-toe platforms, midnight blue Kate Spade handbag

PS - Shout out the The Schma - See, your babies will always need you. Hugs and Kisses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Heather.

The Cheap Chick said...

That just chokes me all the way up. Merry Christmas!