Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Cheer

I got this from my friend Anna in Colorado and thought, What better way to share my vastly important and entertaining thoughts with the maximum number of people? So, here goes...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I spent one Holiday Season wrapping gifts at then Marshall Field's, now Macy's and forever Dayton's, so I use the occasional gift bag, but I prefer wrapping gifts and do so in a completely anal fashion.

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Faux.

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Usually Thanksgiving weekend or the first weekend in December.

4. When do you take the tree down? Some time after Epiphany (January 6th), but hopefully not too long (as I have done in the past).

5. Like egg nog? Not one little bit.

6. Do you have a nativity scene? No.

7. Favorite gift received as a child? My Barbie Town House.

9. Easiest person to buy for? The Cheap Chick.

10. Worst Christmas gift? I got a hideous sweater from my college boyfriend's mom - the year was 1993, the sweater was an off-white mockneck tunic length acrylic creation covered in 3-D shapes in neutral tones. The shapes included curlicues, swirls, grapes and other such lovely things.

11. Mail or email a Christmas card? Mail.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? The Grinch.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26th, Baby!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember.

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Cream wafer cookies.

16. Clear or colored tree lights? Either way - just not all blue or purple.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? Highbrow: O Holy Night or the Alleluia Chorus from Handel's Messiah Lowbrow: Santa Claus Is Coming to Town as sung by Springsteen or Jingle Bell Rock

18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? Stay close to home.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph.

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Angel.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with The Blonde One's extended family and Christmas morning with our immediate family and my extended family. Other opportunities as they occur.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People yammering on incessantly about how busy they are during the Holidays and how they can't do anything else this time of year.

So, I've gotten a few gifts already. A Starbuck's gift card (name draw), three angel pins (Aunt & Uncle), bookcase and baskets (Schma & Padre), small midnight blue satin Kate Spade handbag and handmade stained glass business card holder (Boss Lady), bottle of red (Boss Man) and large midnight blue velvet Nine West handbag and teal/chocolate/lime argyle socks (The Cheap Chick). Now I need some midnight blue shoes and a new dress (or two) to show off my fabulous handbags. My handbag from The Cheap Chick was actually on TV today, as The Cheap Chick was on KARE11 talking about her $20 spending experiment. My handbag is famous!

Tuesday's ensemble - white v-neck tee, olive corduroy belted blazer, dark rinse jeans (Mossimo), silver & brown earrings, brown high-heeled boots

1 comment:

The Cheap Chick said...

Best line of the year, "My handbag is famous!" Bwahahahahahaha!!!!