Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Little by Little...

So, I recently measured my waist and hips. It was horrible! I recognize that I am not the same size as I was when I was 20. Why should I be? I am certainly not the same person I was when I was 20. However, I really didn't realize just how much I have grown (not in the good way) since then until I measured my waist and hips and they were both ten inches bigger than they had been! Ten inches! That's bigger than my feet for God's sake! I need to breathe. I had previously started to whittle away at my excess adipose tissue, but I am now filled with renewed fervor. Hopefully there will be less and less of me (and my generous booty) in the weeks to come.

As I decrease, I am looking forward to one thing more than all others combined: wearing my clothes that no longer fit. It's like renewing old friendships and always makes me smile. I can't wait to fit back into my favorite pair of jeans and I will once again wear the world's greatest suit.

Monday: charcoal gray long sleeved tee, black sweater coat, silver necklace, black and silver earrings, black and silver wide belt, dark rinse jeans (Levi's), running shoes
Tuesday: pink patterned shell, pink 3/4 sleeved velvet blazer, dark rinse jeans (Mossimo), sparkly silver hoops, silver necklace, dark pink patent peep-toe ankle strap mini heeled wedges

1 comment:

The Cheap Chick said...

This is why I NEVER measure my butt. Why put yourself through that pain????